International adoption websites
Links to international sites providing information and literature with regard to adoption and foster care:
The Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute: Information on American literature, research and development in the field of adoption.
BAAF: The British Association for Adoption and Fostering: This organization from the UK provides information on adoption and foster care. UK adoption literature can be ordered.
Australian Intercountry Adoption Network (AICAN): Network of 20 organizations involved in international adoption in Australia.
- National Adoption Information Clearing House (NAIC):American organization providing statistics, publications etc with respect to adoption.
- Rees Centre: University of Oxford is specialized in foster care, but gives overviews of subjects which are relevant for adoption as well.
Rudd Adoption Research Program, with Harold Grotevant as the Rudd Family Foundation Endowed Chair in the Department of Psychology of the University of Massachusetts Amhurst.
- Association for Research in International Adoption (ARIA): Information on research on international adoption, provided for professionals and parents.
Hadley Centre for Adoption and Foster Care Studies: This centre aims to promote best practice in this field by linking research, practice and training in order to provide children in need of alternative care with stable and predictable family experiences
- Hague Conference on private International Law (HccH): One of the results of HccH is the The Hague Convention (1993).
Better Care Network (BCN): A network of organizations trying to improve help for children without adequate parental care bij exchange of knowledge and experiences.
Center for Adoption research: Adoption research centre, located at the University of Massachusetts.
- Attachment across cultures: Canadean project in which highlights the influences of culture on attachment.