Van Zeijl, Dr J. (Jantien)
Dr J. Van Zeijl is no longer working at the Department for Child & Family Studies - Data Theory.
- Statistical researcher at Statistics Netherlands (Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek) (2006-present)
- Lecturer and researcher (with special emphasis on childcare quality) with the NCKO Childcare-project , Centre for Child and Family Studies and Data Theory, Leiden University (2003-2006)
- PhD. Education, Centre for Child and Family Studies and Data Theory, Leiden University. Doctoral thesis: Externalizing problems in 1- to 3-year-old children. Screening, intervention, and the role of child temperament. Supervisors: prof. dr. M.H. Van IJzendoorn, prof. dr. F. Juffer, dr. M.J. Bakermans-Kranenburg, dr. J. Mesman (June 7th, 2006)
- Research assistant with the project of Flexible Childcare, with special emphasis on informing teachers, parents and childcare management with the research-outcomes (2001-2003)
- MA. Education, cum laude, at the Leiden University, Centre for Child and Family Studies and Data Theory, Leiden University. Master's thesis on the relation between temperament and behavior problems in childcare, supervised by prof. dr. M.H. Van IJzendoorn and dr. L.W.C. Tavecchio (2000)
- KNAW, SWR Hendrik Muller Seminar on ciminal behavior in childhood (2000)
- Research assistant with the project of Flexible Childcare, with special emphasis on observations; e.g. observation-instrument ORCE, observation training (1999-2000)
Child and family studies with special emphasis on:
- Early childhood interventions
- Parental sensitivity and sensitive responsiveness
- Behavior problems in early childhood (1- to 3-year-old children)
- Temperament in early childhood
- Differential susceptibilty
- (Flexible) Child care
- Caregiver-child interactions
- Childcare quality
- Van Zeijl, J., Mesman, J., Van IJzendoorn, M.H., Bakermans-Kranenburg, M.J., Juffer, F., Stolk, M.N., Koot, H.M., & Alink, L.R.A. (in press). Attachment-based intervention for enhancing sensitive discipline in mothers of 1- to 3-year-old children at tisk for externalizing behavior problems: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology.
- Stolk, M.N., Mesman, J., Van Zeijl, J., Alink, L.R.A., Bakermans-Kranenburg, M.J., Van IJzendoorn, M.H., Juffer, F. & Koot, H.M. (in press). Early parenting intervention aimed at maternal sensitivity and discipline: A process evaluation. Journal of Community Psychology.
- Alink, L.R.A., Mesman, J., Van Zeijl, J., Stolk, M.N., Juffer, F., Koot, H.M., Bakermans-Kranenburg, M.J., & Van IJzendoorn, M.H. (2006). The early childhood aggression curve: Development of physical aggression in 10- to 50-month-old children. Child Development, 77, 954-966.