Description of the instruments
There are 3 instruments to register information on the professional learning environment.
The focus of the project’s investigation part is on the relationship between.
- elements in the work environment;
- professional learning processes in several domains: subject matter expertise, problem solving, communication and co-operation, reflection, and self regulation of motivation and emotions;
- and performance in the area of dealing with diversity.
There are 3 instruments to register information on the professional learning environment:
- Instrument 1 : The learning processes enables a teacher team to identify the extent to which learning is stimulated in their team. It consists of 29 statements about which teachers can express their opinion on a 5 point scale.
- Instrument 2 : The elements in the work-learning environment enables the team to identify the elements in their work environment that promote learning. It consists of 60 items of the same type as instrument 1.
- Instrument 3 : Opportunities and obstacles consists of three open questions about facilitating and limiting conditions
Furthermore, there is an instrument to register a team’s performance in dealing with diversity. It registers what aspects of diversity in learning groups team members think are important, for what type of differences actions are taken within the school, the type of actions taken and the level of elaboration of it.