Rimke Haringsma, PhD
- Assistant Professor
- Depression in older adults; experimemtal psychology; development audiovisual questionnaire for illiterate people- Dutch and Berber versions
|Telephone number:||+31 (0)71 527 2727|
|Faculty / Department:||Faculteit der Sociale Wetenschappen, Instituut Psychologie, Klinische Psychologie|
Pieter de la Court gebouw
2333 AK Leiden
In 1996 I graduated from Leiden university (cum laude). I liked doing the research for my thesis so much that I decided to take up a PhD position instead of becoming a clinical psychologist. I researched the effectiveness of a prevention program for elderly people with depressive symptomatology. I received my doctorate in 2008. Writing the discussion I realized that most of the interventions are researched with people at the better end of the social economic scale. A group at the lower end are the labour immigrants from Turkey and the Rif in Marocco, who came here in the 60's and 70's and stayed. They are now elderly and have a lot of psychological problems. I-psy, a mental health care institute that specialises in mental health care for patients from other cultures needs validated measures to measure the effectiveness of their therapies. For people that are illiterate, such as the Berber from the Rif (Marocco) I'm now developing an audiovisual questionnaire.
- Intercultural differences
- Routine Outcome Measuring in (functional) illiterate people: how do we test them?
- Psychodiagnostics in adults
- Psychopathology, Diagnostics and Treatment (PD&B)
- Bachelor project
- Clinical Interviewing and Assessment
- Supervisor of students doing their internship
- Supervisor Masterthesis
Mentor of International students
Trainer of the 3-day IPDE training (International Personality Disorder Examination). The IPDE is an interview developed to diagnose personality disorders according to DSM-IV-TR.
- Haringsma, R., Engels, G.I., Beekman, A.T.F. & Spinhoven, Ph. (2004). Criterion validity of the Center of Epidemological Studies depression Scale (CES-D) in a sample of self-referred elders with depressive symptomatology. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 19, 558 - 563.
- Haringsma, R, Engels, G.I., Cuijpers, P. & Spinhoven, Ph. (2006). Effectiveness of the Coping With Depression (CWD)course for the older adults provided by community-based mental health care system in the Netherlands: a randomized controlled field trial. International Psychogeriatrics, 18, 307-325.
- Haringsma, R, Engels, G.I., Van Der Leeden, R. & Spinhoven, Ph. (2006). Predictors of response to the Coping with Depression Course for Older Adults. A field study. Aging and Mental Health, 10, 424-434.
- Haringsma, R, Engels, G.I., Spinhoven, Ph.& Van Der Leeden, R. (2010). Effects of sad mood on autobiographical memory in older adults with and without life time depression. British Journal of Clinical Psychology, 49, 343-357.
Geen relevante nevenwerkzaamheden: